Friday, December 31, 2010

Celebrations?



This here is a photo that I took on Canada Day from the rooftop of my building. I haven't done anything with the photo aside from edit it and it's been sitting on my hard drive collecting digital dust.

Today is New Years Eve. I'm sipping on a Heineken and about to break into the wine. 365 days of 2010 leading to 2011 and another 365 days of waiting until the next big celebration hits. This year I'm kind of indifferent about the ordeal. I almost feel like if I were to fall asleep right now and wake up tomorrow I might feel way better about myself than would have if I went out and raged hard into the night. Are all these things simply numbers and dates that we have been taught to have some sort of significance in our lives? Is it really necessary to all get our panties in a bunch when the Man delivers a date in which he believes is worth celebrating? For the most part, all of our national (Canadian or otherwise) holidays center around things that Jesus did, and how many of us are religious really, right? Birthday's are probably about as pointless in the same respect. Let's celebrate the day your mom went into severe pain and delivered you from her cunt. How old you are has about as much to do with who you are as coffee has to do with tea. (I really wish I could of come up with a more clever comparison) It severely makes me cringe when a parentally pampered 27 year old tells me "I'm still a baby" when I admit my age.

I can't say I have any new years resolutions other than to keep doing what I'm doing. Despite all the bad habits, how can you kid yourself that a new number can change your lifestyle?

At the moment I can't really say I give a shit. Once the bottle of wine has been filtered through my body, it may be a different story.

Happy Fuckin' New Years