Saturday, January 8, 2011

an abstract.

I read somewhere that kids in California refer to all the east coast dudes that skate what they are given, as "doing mediocre tricks on abstract spots." Really? polished concrete, perfect stairs and small rails exist only in skateparks around here. We've all seen dudes jump down shit for the last 15-20 years in robotic fashion and still can't seem to get over it and skate something unique. Which leads to the below photo.



Taken while on my trip to London in the fall it's a reflection between two buildings. I definitely could have found a better spot to compose it but going back to skating "abstract spots" I guess you would call this an "abstract photo"

While simultaneously conducting conference calls, reading real news, skate news, lurking photo forums and on the current of updating this here blog, I've come to notice that photographers fucking LOVE light reflection like this. I swear dudes' move to New York and go to art school just for this. So here is my stab at it.

No comments: