Monday, August 9, 2010

Smash your Television



Ironic this photo here isn't it?

I'm gonna shy away from my regular photo opts for a minute and begin to bring more text into my piece of land on the internet here known as this blog.

Interestingly, the average Canadian watches more than 20 hours of television per week and more if you're a female apparently. Now because I've been starting to work regular hours. (9-5ish) I've come to realize that Trailer Park Boys is on everyday at 6:00 on showcase. That makes me hyped cause I never really got the chance to check out enough of that wonderful Canadian display of trailer park dirtbag fuckery. However, for the most part I'm hanging out in real life, with real people, (trying) to do real shit. I can't seem to just be idle at home. Is that weird? or should I just get some woman and waste my evenings watching One Tree Hill? I don't even know what that shit is! I didn't even know who the fuck Justin Bieber was until about a month ago! (who can apparently skateboard) Films I believe are works of art yes, but theres so much extra crap that the only sources I rely on for good movies is good friends. Word Of Mouth.

I think what I'm trying to get at here is, I notice that generally, people who watch a boat of television tend to be stress cases, who can't seem to make their life as interesting as their favorite TV character on their favorite TV show, so they bitch and complain about everything and everyone around them, making up scenarios that draw attention to them, leading to just a negative influx of vibes that make me realize they have no lives.

Take a moment and think about gangster talk. Where does it come from? Not Canada! It is a result of a southern accent with additional slang brought on from people with African origins who live in the southern states of the USA. Thanks TV you just gave me second hand embarrassment to every fucking Canadian who talks gangster (and is mostly white). Thanks commercial media.

Stop fucking sitting around and go play tennis, go fishing, chill in the park, walk downtown, go skateboarding, play games or something for fuck sakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're the best Steve! I love your blog
Stef P